Saturday, August 29, 2009

And it begins...

Some Painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, 
others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
~Pablo Picasso 

I came across this quote recently while researching how to incorporate Web 2.0 and the Read/Write Web into the art room. What Picasso said truly struck me. For days it kept tagging along everywhere i went, like a part of a song lyric you can't get out of your head.
What is more powerful and beautiful than the sun?
To reduce it to a spot seems like a slight. And I'm not just saying that because most of the life on the planet is in the suns debt. But, on the other hand to take something as simple as a yellow spot and infuse it with the power of the sun is something else indeed. 

That is what I am trying to do. I am trying to infuse this blog with the power & creativity of the art room, with the power of ART! To reduce Art (I am using it as a proper name) to just a blog would be a disservice.

No comments:

Post a Comment